What is “Ready for Retirement”?
Ready for Retirement is a comprehensive conditioning program for anyone from 55 years and upwards. Individuals of all age group follow fitness programs. The younger generation follows them to maintain and develop health. Older people need to make sure they are not left behind. Exercise has become mandatory for senior people who are suffering from diseases such as osteoporosis or arthritis. These programs are specifically designed to cater to the needs of aging individuals and offer exercises that are safe for senior citizens to follow.
“I have worked with with many clients from the mid-fifties to as old as 93!”
Did you know?
- About one third of of the elder populations over the age of age 65 falls each year, and the risk of falls increases proportionately with age.
- At age 80 years, over half of seniors fall annually.
- Those who fall are two to three times more likely to fall again.
- About half (53%) of the older adults who are discharged for fall-related hip fractures will experience another fall with-in six months.
- Falls are the leading cause of death due to injury among the elderly.
Why do seniors need this program?
As alarming as these statistics are, many of them are avoidable. We all know that as we age, changes to our body and mind are inevitable. Although we can’t escape the aging process many risks associated with aging are preventable and sometimes reversible with good eating habits and exercise. Senior health and fitness plans can give you a whole range of benefits for your overall quality of life. Whether you are fifty five years old looking for a new physical challenge or and eighty year old concerned with falling, we can help. Don’t let health problems keep you from starting an exercise program.
One of the most challenging issues that affect older adults is instability and loss of balance. Improving balance is vital for improving the quality of this populations life and is the focus of the workouts.
Ready for Retirement fitness program can help you:
- Maintain independence, physical confidence and strength.
- Boost your energy levels.
- Improve your strength and range of motion.
- Avoid the common aches, pains and ailments associated with the aging process.
- Helps individuals fight chronic conditions such as high blood pressure, osteoporosis, arthritis and diabetes.
- Learn NOT to fall!
- Have fun and keep active!
- Individual and small group programs available.
Fitness programs are designed after taking into consideration; risk factors, doctor’s recommendations and personal interests.
“Senior fitness could be the key to keeping your vitality and independence in your later years. Stay fit, healthy and happy-no matter what your age.”